Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Paint and shiny


Yay I've started the process of prepping parts for paint...man old aluminum is hard to get shiny.
Road gunk is annoying.

After quite a bit of steel wool and metal sanding to remove the gunk, crustyness i've gotten to the shinyness underneath.

The other pieces were painted about two weeks ago.
I'm looking forward to getting the rest primed and painted shortly.

I'm going to paint the coolent system red/black to make it stand out from the rest of the engine. It should be more of a highlight then an eyesore...at least I think so. It'll be buried under the carbs, and behind a radiator for the most part...

The false tank and the lower plastics on the goldwing will be black, but it'll have a red racing strip of a sort going down it. I'll have to mess with some photoshop to see how I wanna do it.


I'm excided about getting some parts in as well, got some clubman bars and some headlight brackets which should be in by the end of the week. :)
Pictures will be up later once some photoshop experiments happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment